With summer around the corner, we turn our attention to ice cream and frozen yogurt in this Readers’ Choice Poll.
We chose six (we counted the three Dairy Queen locations in West Des Moines as one entry) businesses known for their variety in both flavors and toppings. Who’d we miss? Tell us in the comments and we’ll add them to the poll.
The contest runs for two weeks. The winner will be determined by a formula that includes votes in the poll, comments (below) and reviews on the shop’s business listing. Complete rules and regulations are attached in a PDF file.
Now that you’ve voted in the Readers’ Choice poll, click on the links below to write a review on your favorite's business listing or tell us about their treats in comments. On Dairy Queen, write the review on the store you most frequently visit.
Here they are:
- Cold Stone Creamery: Gourmet ice cream parlor in Jordan Creek Town Center, known for using a cold slab of marble to mix its ice cream and various toppings
- Dairy Queen: With three locations in West Des Moines (2020 Grand Ave., 308 Grand Ave. and 101 Jordan Creek Pkwy.), DQ is an old standby known mainly for its soft-serve ice cream and desserts such as dipped cones, Blizzard shakes and Peanut Buster Parfaits
- Blue Sky Creamery: Located in Valley West Mall, it’s known for unique ice cream flavors like black raspberry, eggnog and cotton candy, as well as for its gelatos and ice cream pies.
- Orange Leaf America’s Frozen Yogurt: Located at 6330 Mills Civic Pkwy, Orange Leaf offers a healthy frozen dessert with decadent flavors and toppings.
- Menchie’s Wellington Square: Located at 4825 E.P. True Pkwy., self-serve frozen yogurt shop where customers get a cup they can fill with as much or as little yogurt and toppings as they prefer.
- MaggieMoo’s Ice Cream and Treatery: Located at 2900 University Ave., Maggie Moo’s is an independently owned franchise known for ice cream innovation, whether with simple or exotic flavors.